My first blog in nearly 11 months and it’s going to be a comment about a guy with a silly helmet?
Question: Who the **** is this Dory Holte guy? He obviously comes from Texas, has legs like tree-trunks and wears a crash helmet with massive horns sticking out of the side of it. I’ve seen him at every stage of the Tour of California, at the Tour de France and today there’s a picture of him running alongside the peloton in the Giro d’Italia half way up a Dolomite. When I saw him in Solvang this year he was not only wearing the helmet but riding his bike too – nearly poked someone’s eye out, didn’t notice, kept on riding. Here’s more questions…
1) Doesn’t this guy have a day job?
2) Where does he get the cash to travel all across Europe watching bike races?
3) How does he get that helmet on the plane? It’s obviously not going to make it past airport security as a carry-on is it?
4) So it must go in the hold. Does it have a special flight case?
5) He also has a helmet with antlers. How many noble beasts have died so HD can galivant up and down the cols of Europe with their bits attached to his noggin?
Come on people. I need answers.